CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Happenings

I've actually been going places and doing things the past couple of days, so I decided to do a little post on it all. On Friday, My Mom and I did a bit of shopping then stopped at my sister and brother-in-law's house for a visit. We went to T.J. Maxx then stopped at the Mall of America to hit up a few stores. One of them being The Gold Guys. Recently I've been thinking about ways I could make some quick bucks to save up for my trip, and The Gold Guys was one of the ideas that came to mind. Basically you bring in your unwanted and broken gold, silver, and platinum jewelry and such, and they give you money for it. I had never been there before, but convinced my mom we should give it a go. We didn't have that much, but in my opinion, altogether we made a pretty penny! It was certainly more than we were expecting. It was the gold jewelry that really did it, but the silver we brought in was the icing on the cake! If you have old jewelry laying around collecting dust, I would definitely suggest selling it. (There are a number of places that will buy it, just make sure they won't rip you off) It was so easy too! We weren't in the store for very long, and the employees seemed to really know what they were doing. 

Today I spent the day out on the lake with my family, and it turned out to be a beautiful day! This morning it was really cloudy and overcast, but it cleared up just as we were leaving. One of the reasons it was so fun was because I finally had the chance to go tubing for the first time this summer. I absolutely love tubing. There are a lot of lakes where I'm from so water sports are pretty popular, but I'm not sure if people go tubing everywhere so I'll explain it. Basically, a tube is pulled behind a boat or a personal watercraft by a rope and it results in tons of fun! (I've included a picture of it below) It can be painful though. I bit my tongue pretty hard when we flew over a wave and I also got a slight headache but it was still worth it. Ahh I just love summer! 

On another note, tonight I am going with my sister to my Aunt and Uncle's house to stay there until tuesday and take care of their dog while they're gone. I've never done this sort of thing before so it should be interesting. We've packed a meager supply of food (nothing very nutritious), some movies, clothes, and we're set to go! My family doesn't have any pets, so hopefully the dog survives with us taking care of him. 

I hope everyone is having a great week! 



Haha sorry this is probably the worst picture to show what tubing is. I guess my mom didn't know where the zoom button was...
 Loon! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...