CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 2, 2012

A Series of Unfortunate Events



Hello everyone! Today was a whirlwind for sure! I was meant to be going to Wales with a few of my friends, but as you can probably deduce from the title, that did not actually happen. The morning started off with me waking up at 5:30a.m. Yes you read that correctly, 5:30 A.M.! This is the earliest I have had to get up in a long time, but surprisingly, it didn't seem so much a chore as waking up early usually does. When I was on my way to meet my friends at the train station, a black cat crossed my path. Now I'm not usually one to be bothered by superstitions so I didn't really think much of it. I made it to the station on time, but we ended up waiting until the last possible second for two of our other friends to show up, and they never did. (Turns out they had the wrong station.) We set off without them hoping to meet them at the bus station, but since we had to catch the later train, we completely missed the bus to Cardiff. It's not entirely the train's fault however, since we started off for the coach station in the completely wrong direction and basically ended up scrambling around London. I was trying desperately to keep up with my friend, who has much longer legs than I do, so we could make it on time to catch our bus. I seriously had to run to keep up with him. 

Now here's where the story takes a turn for the more painful. I foolishly opted for a more cute than practical outfit for today, thus resulting in me wearing the only shoes I have with me that went with it. Let's just say that they are not the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. Although in my defense, I was not expecting to be literally running around in them. (Thank goodness I nixed the heeled boots!) Basically, we finally made it to the coach station, found out we would have to pay again to get the next bus (we booked our tickets in advance for the one we missed so we already payed once), and decided against it. We spent the rest of the day in the city, but I'm pretty sure my legs were seconds away from falling off. They have never been so achy in my life! I hardly got the chance to sit down, and to top it all off, my feet are absolutely torn to shreds and bleeding. By the end of the day, I was pretty much limping/shuffling around and could not wait to get back. I think it's safe to say that I am utterly exhausted! Overall, the day could have been much worse, so I'm thankful that it wasn't. It certainly was an adventure! 


I hope all is well with everyone. 

Keep Smiling, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...