CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Is Coming || Christmas Party!

Last night my flat hosted a Christmas party, and it was so much fun! Apparently my love of Christmas is contagious since my flatmates keep telling me that they wouldn't be so into the Christmas spirit without me. I just can't help it!


We went shopping on Thursday to buy all the food and decorations then set to work transforming our kitchen and corridor into a winter wonderland! I have to admit that it was pretty funny to see all of us sitting around the kitchen table cutting out paper snowflakes. I'm pretty sure we probably broke several rules by covering the kitchen lights with red and green tissue paper to create mood lighting since we're not allowed to have real Christmas lights. And the amount of tinsel we hung up was probably a fire hazard, but we did it anyway. I don't think the guy that comes to check if we've done our cleaning every friday was too pleased when he saw that Christmas had practically thrown up in our kitchen.


We cooked up a Christmas feast, and I say feast because it was the best home-cooked meal I've had since I came here. It was also the first time that we've all sat down and eaten a meal together. There is eight of us that live in the flat, but two of them aren't around very often, so it was just us six last night. Before we ate we all donned our festive holiday attire, and let me tell you, we went all out. It was really nice and relaxing sitting around the table eating and being merry with the Christmas music playing in the background. Once we finished eating we all sat around moaning about how full we were, then waited for our quests from the flat below us to turn up. It turned out to be a really fun night, in fact probably one of the best I've had here. Every time I think about it I can't help but smile because there were so many hilarious moments. 

Keep Smiling, 

2 comments:

Melissa.

Sounds like you had a good night :) I love having Christmas feasts. It's definitely the season of eating. I can't believe you aren't allowed Christmas lights! That doesn't seem very fair :( x

Christina

Haha the season of eating indeed! So much good food this time of year. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...