CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July: A Recap

Hello, remember me? I realize I have been very absent on my blog this month. July has been incredibly busy for me. I finally got a job, and for someone who has never really had a 'real' job, it feels like I've been working a lot. I feel very accomplished now, and I am finally making money to compensate for my out of control shopping addiction. It's only getting worse though... In addition to getting job, I have also been busy planning a bachelorette party for my sister since my other sister and I are the Maid/Matron of Honor. The party was this past Saturday, and it was so much fun! I didn't get very many pictures (a grand total of two haha) because I was busy hosting, and was too lazy to get my camera out at times. It was just one of those days where I let everyone else be the photographers. 

My sisters and I at the Bachelorette party
I guess the highlight of most Julys is the fact that it is the month I was born. I turned the big two-oh this month, and I am no longer a teenager. It's weird. I've been alive for two decades. I don't feel like I'm old enough to be 20, and I certainly don't look it. It seems like such a mature age. Something I don't think I can live up to. The only person I've ever really known to have the same birthday as me is Selena Gomez, and while I like her well enough, I'm much more excited to say that I now share it with the newest member of the royal family (I was a little disappointed in the name they chose though). I had a wonderful birthday with my family eating delicious food. honestly I really didn't do much that day besides make everyone wear party hats haha. 



Probably the most exciting thing this month however was probably - and you may think I'm a little crazy for saying this - but yes, it was seeing One Direction live. What better way to spend my last days of being a teenager? I don't like to label things, but if it came down to it I would probably have to call myself a Directioner. Not one of the crazy ones though! I did not toss my bra onstage, attempt to sneak onto their tour bus, or disguise myself to get backstage. The boys were amazing though. They sounded great live, and yes, I could actually hear them above all the screaming. They were of course their usual charming selves, and it's still weird to think that it was actually them. The real deal. I wasn't staring at them on my computer screen or a magazine cover, or hearing their voices on the radio. I was actually in the same room as them. Surreal. I'm probably more in love with Niall after hearing his dreamy Irish accent and contagious laugh magnified through the sound system, and it really is a shame we'll never meet. I'm positive we'd get on swimmingly! For real though. 








I like to think Niall was waving at me... a girl can dream right? When we do become friends I'll kindly ask him to not wear white on the next tour so his beautiful face is not washed out in every picture ;) 







I'm sad July is almost over because that means I have to move back to school in less than a month. Say What? Where has the summer gone? I'm not ready to go back to doing homework, worrying about things, and being on a schedule. I also can't believe it's almost been a year since I left for my adventure abroad. I honestly think about my time in England every day. I miss it so incredibly much! All the memories are still so fresh in my mind. If I smell or see certain things the nostalgia and memories will come flooding back. It's crazy how our sense of smell is so strongly linked to certain places or feelings. 

I hope you had a great July as well! 

P.S. Christmas is less than half a year away! Is it weird that I'm already super excited? You're right. Too soon, too soon. 


Keep Smiling,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...